Saturday, December 31, 2005

December 31, 2005

I didn't leave my house today. I had plenty of offers to go other places. Well, really just the two, but that's enough in my books. I don't know what it is but braving the cold with one million other Tokyo-ites to stand out in front of a temple until the clock strikes midnight, then stand in line with said millions for hours to maybe have a chance to perhaps ring a bell and say a prayer then go home, just didn't have any draw for me. I stayed in. Ate some food. Watched some tv. Tried to watch some Harry Potter but it was a DivX movie and my DivX player seems to have issues with my Xvid Codec, they don't play well together. All I got was green screen. So after spending several hours and only getting minor patches to only have my DivX player play, but freeze every 10 minutes or so and to have my video completely out of sync with my audio, I blasted the whole thing off my comp, player and all. So I missed the actual New Year's ushering in as I was bogged in with stupid stuff in my brain about compatible codecs and crap that I only partially understand to begin with. Like I care. New Year's really holds no allurement, I'm rather apathetic to the whole thing. Some are rather dazzled by the event. I could sleep through it and not care. It's just another night. The only thing I'm excited about is that now we're in a year where I have no problem writing the number. I had difficulties as a kid learning to write the number 5. It never looked pretty. All my fives were rather sad looking and kinda squashed. I never did come out of it, I've just learned to live with my crappy 5's. So I'm quite excited that now it's 2006 cause I can write the number 6 with no difficulties. This is the joy that New Year's has brought to me.