Thursday, December 29, 2005

December 29, 2005

I bummed around a bit in the morning and took my sweet ass time to get dressed. Around 2 I figured it was finally time to actually leave the house, I had been intending to do for like 2 and a half hours previous. I did a few errands, hit the doctors office for yet another appointment (my body hates me, unfortunately I'm not dying, ah, death, sweet release), hit the dollar store for some supplies which I had to do before hitting the poste office, which was next on my list. Ah, the poste office. Bwahaha. Jennimitri and Marilee are going to LOVE me!!!! Then I was on my way home and I decided, "Bah! I don't want to go home yet. I want to go for a bike ride". So off I went with my trusty steed Drlfan in search for adventure. Much like Tim and his friend at the Canadian border. "What is your business in Canada sir?" "We're looking for adventure." "And how long will you be in the country?" That's one of my favourite stories of all time. That and the Jonathan Shirey story about the horse in Egypt. Classics. Today does not live up to either one of those stories, but the underlying principle of living adventurously is still there. I started riding in the direction that I knew the big Aeon mall is. Usually we can only get there by train and it's hard to tell where you are when you're underground for some of it, but lately I've been watching the landscape when we come out of the tunnel (and enter it from the other direction) and I had come to the conclusion that it must be physically possible to ride my bike there without too much trouble. I really just wanted to find a way to get there to buy Jelly Belly's without having to pay several dollars in train fare. It's like almost 5 bucks round trip. That's expensive. It's but a few minutes on the train but I can get to Tokyo for a few dollars more. That train line is quite ridiculous. Back to my story. I headed off down the road and made a few turns when I thought that the road would go off in a direction I didn't want to go. I had to do a little off roading when I came to the end of the new sub-division streets. I found the Desperate Housewives Japan Edition neighbourhood. It was more than just a little eerie. I ended up in some tiny little old streets among some smelly old houses and then I came to the end of that street and Bam! Right across the road was the huge new mall. I went in and looked around. Mostly I just hit Tower Records. Stevie Wonder has a new album out! I had no idea. There's some really good tracks on it. I didn't buy it. I might when I get home. I wasn't sold on the entire album, but there's enough on there to keep me grooving if only to pull some songs off to burn a "Stevie mix tape" when I get home. Then I decided that I should try and make my way back as it was 3:30 and it would be dark soon. I really didn't want to get stuck in the dark cause then my innate sense of direction is completely lost. How innate is it if it goes away? I, of course, didn't want to take the same path home, so I opted for another route. I was really trying to find route 296 which goes right by my house, but I didn't go far enough. I ended up in a construction site down in a valley next to, what I think is, the big private school near my house. I'm still not sure where I was, but eventually I ended up on the edge of the private school and within 3 blocks of my house. It was a good adventure. I didn't buy any Jelly Belly's though.

I've decided I should become a nun.

I would make a horrible nun.