Monday, December 12, 2005

December 12, 2005

I'm really tired. I seem to be on auto-pilot and it's not like I can rest and slow down but I don't think I'm actually accomplishing anything. I am definitely forcing myself to write as I know that I will kick myself in the bum later when I look back on this year and there's huge gaps of time missing.

Today I woke up late and considered calling off my Japanese lesson but it was too late to do that so off I went without a bra in jeans and the shirts I slept in last night. Then, about half way down the elementary school wall, I realized that today was the day I was supposed to go to the school with the International Association. I suck! So back I go to my flat and a whip off my shirt and put on more appropriate attire and I frantically grab what pictures I can find lying around that look like Canada, then I call the NIA and I tell them that I missed the train (which I did, that's not a lie, if I had a car I wouldn't have been late but as is if you're 2 minutes later that means you miss the train and you're like 10 minutes later) and that I would be 10 minutes late. There was a group of us from all over the place. I was the only English speaker and the only one who couldn’t really speak Japanese at all. I really am horrible at speaking Japanese. I'm a bad and unmotivated student. We ran for the bus, as I had made us late, and arrived at an Elementary school in the Tsudanuma area. We were taken by cute little students to their class rooms where the classes had been broken up into smaller groups. I had four students, the names of which I can only remember Kouki and I think the other boy was Naoko, one of the girls was something-rara or Rara-something. I don’t remember. They were pretty quiet but Nomura-san was wonderful at keeping them talking and asking me questions and translating for us. He was my life-saver. We talked about school in Canada, the rain and snow, the RCMP, the size of the biggest fish that Ryan ever caught. It was quite nice.

Then Nomura-san and I went out for lunch. He was so nervous at first that he was actually sweating. It was a nice time. Then I headed home. I grabbed some groceries, came home and tidied, talked to Dad for a bit, watched some tv, worked on my Christmas/New Year's postcards, cleaned up some more and now I really want to go to sleep but I feel like there's too much to do so I know that I'll stay up dickin around like I usually do and accomplish nothing.