Tuesday, December 20, 2005

December 20, 2005

I sooooo didn't want to get out of bed and go to work today. I know it's just easy Christmas classes, but I still don't want to do it. It's the whole interaction thing. I'm just tired of it. My classes went well. My playgroup kids are just so cute. We sang jingle bells with jingle bells and they danced around and were super uber cute. I love the ball toss with them cause they often have no coordination what-so-ever. Komomo actually got a totally sweet basket. She threw it, it bounced off the ground and landed in the basket. We all cheered. It was rad. The rest of my day went okay.

The ladies class was nice. We just chatted and I sang for them. I found out that Kazuko is a Christian. She goes to an Anglican church somewhere, a different prefecture near a US base. I couldn't figure out where she was talking about though. She made me the most beautiful scarf. It's thick and warm and I think it's going to be my new favourite.

My kindie class kinda irked me. There's one student that is kinda mean. She's really bossy and she talks the whole time in Japanese telling the other kids what to do. She makes everything really competitive, like fetching the crayons becomes an all out, elbow throwing war. Rina was on her own in this class and she was really good, but now with Misaki in the class she's getting bad. And they both were picking on Yuya for his black Christmas tree. I was really saddened by it. They kept pointing at it and laughing and I told them to stop and looked stern. They didn't stop.

My boys class was great fun. They made origami Christmas trees. Or at least they were supposed to be, they had some issues. So it ended up being a game of kill the teacher's Christmas tree with slappers (giant fly swatter things). It was good. My tree ended up in a million pieces in the middle of the floor. Kenichi gave me a present, or shall I say Masako his mum gave me a present. After class I showed them my pictures from home. It was nice to share with Kenichi and his mum and Takahiro and his mum, Hiroyuki and his mum left.

I really just want to go to bed. I'm at the school right now and I'm probably not going to get home till around 10 tonight. It's just so late. It makes me tired just thinking about it.