Saturday, December 3, 2005

December 3, 2005


My 30th birthday

I woke up alone in a strange country, late for work where I didn't really want to go.

At least my teaching day is easy, although I got roped with a trial for a kid and the mum totally didn't jive with me. I don't think she likes me. Meh. Like I care.

I got flowers from Yui, he's 4. I got a calendar from Masami my private adult student. Very nice of them to remember me. I found out from the receptionist that last week when I wasn't there Yui cried for pretty much the whole class and clung to his dad's leg. Poor thing. I don't know what it is with these kids. It's like the ones who pay the least attention to me and disobey me the most are the ones who miss me the most when I'm gone. What are they going to do when I leave in March??? Mwa ha ha. I'm outie.

I got together for dinner with Chris and Yasuko at my place then we went to the restaurant with LeeAnne and Gina. Yoko came late and Wesley and Carrie were no shows. Carrie got sick (pooey, poor Carrie) and Wesley got caught up in his work so he wasn't going to get there until like just after 9. We left at like 9:15 or so. It was gooood food. I love the food there. I wish I had more money cause I would eat there every freakin day if I could afford it. The food was good. The conversation was good. The people are fabulous people. It was a good time. They all of course can't follow directions and disobey me as I was specific in telling everyone that I gifts would NOT be accepted, and they all brought me something. LeeAnne (you're fabulous) said that the CD was some burned worship music so it doesn't really count and she gave me flowers which she said are going to die therefore they don't count. I still don't think she's off the hook. And Chris and Yasuko tried to justify it because it's a fabulous 2 L carton of sake they found that's called Devil Killer (in Japanese of course) for 500 yen (that's 5 bucks). It's kind of like giving a box of wine. So theirs isn't supposed to count either. Which ever way you look at it, I got some fun presents that either exist or don't exist. Whatever.