Friday, April 7, 2006

April 7, 2006

I bummed around the house today and worked on getting some things organized, like taxes, stupid foreign income drama. Then Nenny & Ry came down and we all had dinner together. Aw, family dinner. It was nice to sit around and sometimes it was all of us in the same room, just sitting, not talking, staring out at the lake or the fire or whatever. Just before many of them headed to bed we got talking about when the Boney's and I were in Europe together and told Mum & Dad about the guy peeing in the "urinal" in the wall in Genoa and me peeing in the port-a-potty in our van as we drove. Then Dad told a story about when he was a teenager working up island and he and this other painter guy were driving there in a big old beat up van. The guy really had to pee and Dad wouldn't stop for him so the guy went into the back of the van to pee in a can. Dad pulled really gently all the way over to the shoulder and then cranked the wheel over so that the guy and the can went flying all over the back of the van. Dad was telling the story and laughing his head off. I don't think that I have ever seen my father laugh so much and so hard.