Saturday, April 15, 2006

April 15, 2006

I spent the morning getting info on making Ukranian eggs for Easter tonight. I took the bus out to the U District to get the Kiska's and such for egg making festivities. Then I bused into town and went walking around Pike's. Everything about my day has been beautiful. The weather is amazing, and by amazing I mean stormy and gray. The ocean is black and alive. Walking around Pike's always makes me happy, but as with everything right now, all happiness is a sad kind of happy. I smile at something beautiful and cry. It's like I feel like I can't actually enjoy what I'm experiencing. Like it would be disloyal to the unbeautiful things in the world. I took some shots, hope they work, and I walked in the rain and I saw four giant black guys singing gospel in front of Starbucks and some chicks on fiddles playing some cool celtic stuff. And then I went into a back alley and cried. I ended up in a funk for the rest of the day, walking through the rain, getting soaked, laughing at the wind and torrents and then crying because it was all so beautiful.



I got back home and we made up some dinner quick. I shared some of my photos and stories with one of the roommates and then we all made eggs. I stayed up till like 3:30 trying to clean everything up and get packed.