Monday, April 24, 2006

April 24, 2006

After lunch clean up I went and sat out on Flag Point for like most of the rest of the afternoon. I love that I'm able to do that. I did a logic puzzle and lay in the sun in a tank top on the grass. It's so lush and beautiful here. I get captured in little moments of being aware of the things around me. I want to be able to share those moments. It's been so incredible the past few days. The sun is out and the skies are perfectly clear. I'm actually able to enjoy being around here and because it's beautiful out and because I have no real responsibilities I'm not stressing about anything and I'm able to take in this place and the trees and the shadows and the sun and the ocean. There's a tonne of mergansers around this year and they're hilarious to watch. Christy and I were just talking in Tilikum and she was like, "Is that Stormy over there, or is that the bear?" It was the bear, just lumbering around on the rocks by the mill on the other side of the rapids.

How amazing is it that I can come to this place and enjoy being here. It's amazing. Still wish that I could share it though. I've been able to release so much that I want others I care about to be able to release and feel comfortable again.

I am still amazed at how open people are to sharing so much of themselves with so many of the people around them. I've gotten really comfortable with the way things are up here right now. Like we're all a part of this nice little family, living on this random rock, working for these unseen entities who will appear sometime in the future, but who I will never actually get to see. Maybe that's part of why I feel so released from here, I'm not working with the coming summer looming over me. I'm able to see camp for what it is in this moment, at this time in the shoulder season and have nothing vested in anything beyond that.