Wednesday, April 26, 2006

April 22, 2006


So the rain finally stopped last night. It had been teeming for two days non-stop. This morning it was sunny and beautiful. The air still has a chill to it when you're in the shade but the sun warms you to the bones, without being hot. I don't like hot.

I've been working in the Trader the last two days. I haven't just been inside all day. I did venture out for a bit. I wanted to take some pictures but everywhere I went was so stunningly beautiful that I felt like the camera just wasn't capturing it. I was walking out through the golf course that, as usual, is lush and green and the sun was pouring in through the trees. The shadows were amazing but I just can't capture any of it so I put my camera away and wandered through taking it all in. Made me feel a little more grounded to this place. It will be good to be here for just two weeks. Time to move on to life in Victoria, but it's been a good transition back to North America. Keeps me grounded in what's going on in civilization. Keeps me from getting too caught up in the things that just don't matter.