Wednesday, April 5, 2006

April 5, 2006

I was tired today. Very tired. Lots of entering names and verifying data and checking for Zip Codes. Good fun. My boss and I sat out on the front step today, and then the driveway, in the sun to eat our lunch. It was great. We talked about this and that and the nature of faith and church and living simply and what that looks like for different people. It was good. It was good to share some of myself with her too because I know that she needs that from me. I hope that I can balance my need for privacy and non-forthcoming communication and her need to interact and know what is going on in my head. It's a good deal. I got home early cause I went in with my neighbour so I was home by 4:45. Mum was finishing some tidying for some folks coming tomorrow to talk about design plans for the first home at Lantzville, somehow I was supposed to know that it was happening, I didn't. So we finished some dishes and then went for a walk. I practically had to drag her out of the house. We had a nice walk along the road, although I have to admit that I feel more nervous walking along Shawnigan Lake Road than I am in the middle of traffic in Tokyo. People around here are INSANE! They all drive way to fast around the corners that are totally blind until you're half way through the corner. We talked about some of the stuff that has been an on-going conversation with us about politics and the place of Christians in government as well as some of the stuff that we had talked about earlier today. It was good.

Tonight, after making some pork fried rice, Mum and I worked on some shelves in the attic. We got rid of some stuff. Put some stuff in new places and moved the linens up to the attic. It was good. She gives me a hard time about me giving her a hard time, but in the end we both compromise and the shelves look really good. I've been trying to give her some good organizational tenets for her to keep in her brain. Keep like things together in one place where you'll use them and where they're easy to find. Ask yourself, do I wear/use/need this? Keep what you need to. Get rid of the things you don't. It will help you to enjoy the things that you have cause if they're all packed away in a box then you aren't enjoying any of them. We did well tonight. I will keep reminding her of these things so that when I move to Victoria she'll be able to look around her more discriminately and ask herself the same questions so that she can clear the crap out of her life that stresses her out and that she always complains about. It's funny, she doesn't want the crap and clutter but it's like pulling teeth to get her to give or throw things away.

I find myself constantly with thoughts at the back of my brain, just hovering there. I enjoy the things around me and it makes me want to enjoy them with someone. Today was a glorious, beautiful day and I really wished that I could have really enjoyed it without something missing. I want the people I love to know they are cared for no matter where in the world I am.