Thursday, March 30, 2006

March 30, 2006

I've started working for Janice this week. I'm on full time already. It's a little sooner than I was expecting, but I'm glad for the distraction. It would really suck if I had nothing to do and just spent all my days sitting at home, thinking, being bored. I would like to be able to have more time in my day to be active as I miss Drlfan already. She was a good bike. I've gotten really used to things at work already and I think it's going to be good for at least a while. I think that it would be good to stick around for at least a year but I could see myself staying for two or three because I would get comfortable. I don't know if it's what I'm supposed to be doing, but as of late, I'm more of the philosophy that what ever you're doing is what you're supposed to be doing as long as you're doing something. So like even if I were to take a week and sit at my parents' place it would be doing exactly what I should be doing because I would be relaxing and taking it all in. Now, if I didn't plan it and just coasted as opposed to chose to be there, then I wouldn't be doing what I should have been. It's not the actual circumstance, it's the way you go about it. Anyway, I think it will be good with Janice. I just need to figure out what is going to be the best system for her. I need to get into her brain and into the core of the business to figure out what 'the best' is going to be. It does feel weird doing different work. It's easier and yet more difficult at the same time, as teaching. I don't need to interact with people as much, that's fo shizzle. That's a really big one. I think I'm more mentally drained at the end of the day, not emotionally and interpersonally drained. Like, when I was teaching I was interacting so much that I didn't want to do anything with anyone. Now, I may be working more hours but the tasks that I work on are kinda my choice, at least in what order and for how long, and I come home tired but wanting to interact with the world around me as opposed to hide away from the world like I did in Japan.

I broke down today and I bought a mobile! I have entered the 21st century. It's astounding I know. It's official. The iron age has finally ended. Michelle has a cell phone. The world will be catapult into a whole new era now. We can now move into a completely wireless, paperless community, now that I have finally gotten up to speed. I decided that it was just time and it's supposed to be a convenience and I usually railed against it because for so many people it has gone beyond and it isn't anymore. But to fight the mobile phone thing was becoming incredibly inconvenient for me, so I may as well make things easier. I don't know where I'm going to be living all the time. I need something for work and family so people can get a hold of me. And I have a rad phone number that I can keep for all time, or for as long as I'm able to pay for it.

I'm up at 5:50 tomorrow, so I really must hit the hay...at quarter past ten. No longer a night owl, am I.