Thursday, September 1, 2005

September 1, 2005

My last day at Katsu today. YEAH!!! I really didn't like working there and I really won't miss any part of it except being able to go out for lunch for Yakiniku with a big group of people after the staff meetings. I will now have to boot it up to Nishi-Shiroi but the teacher I'm taking over for up there assures me that her classes are fabulous and it's her favourite day. I really hope so because I really need another good day on my schedule. Maybe I'll get rid of all the bad things and only inherit really good classes. I am still saddened by the loss of my wonderful Saturday class and that day won't be nearly as good now with out them, but I shall live and have fun with the other kids. I was touched by the playgroup kids today. One of the mums actually had tears in her eyes when they were leaving. She said that Hiroto was crying, and although he looked sad I noticed he wasn't crying, when I looked up at her her eyes were red and welling. It was very touching as they're my favourite mum and kid pair of that class. They were my first students in that class, all the others have since joined so I feel rather attached to them. My ET3 class was far too excited for my taste after being given the news that I wasn't going to be there next week and that they would have a new teacher, a new Michelle teacher. They all looked far too happy. They really don't like me.

I thought I would go to bed early last night. Yeah right. So around 2 I finally decided to lie in bed. Around 3 I got back up again to dick around on the comp for another hour. About 4 I thought I really should go back to bed and then around 5 I think I finally fell asleep. My sleep is really messed up. I find that my body is just radiating heat constantly lately and my mind won't shut off. Before it wasn't shutting off my thinking about a kazillion things. Now it won't shut off but is perfectly content to just sit and stare at the wall. Tonight again it is the same thing. I thought I would go to bed at a decent hour because I was home nice and early and yet here it is, 1:30 in the morning and I'm just bout ready to go for all out sprints. I will hit a wall. I know I will, it's just a matter of when. The really sucky part is looking ahead to the rest of this week and I work Sunday, my day off, so I will only get 1 day off in a span of 11. But it is my last Sunday/working holiday and I will then be clear for the rest of my 7 months remaining. I guess I'm closer to 6 and ¾ months, but whatever, who's counting. Oh yeah, I am. My point is that I'm not sleeping and when I'm getting to sleep I'm not sleeping well.