Monday, September 26, 2005

September 26, 2005

So, really quick, cause it's late and I'm tired. I had a fabulous day today, mostly because I didn't care what happened in class because it was my last day teaching those classes. It's a semester change and it looks like I'm going to get my request of having Mondays off. HALLELUJAH. It was a miracle and I've been praising Jesus all day.

I caught the train home, I was excited to ride my bike home and grab a snack and watch some OC on my comp. I get off the train. I'm grooving to some tunes, walking along, feeling good. I go down the stairs, I turn the corner. I look for my bike. This is the spot. Maybe it got moved down one or two, nope. Where's my bike? It's not over here, it's not over there. Walking up and down the street. I go to the school and ditch my very uber heavy bags and talk to Mika a most fabulous receptionist. "So Mika, what do I do if I think my bike's been stolen?" She came and looked with me, then she wrote me up a note in Japanese to take to the police station to report it. FABULOUS! I went home to grab some food and my serial numbers and headed back out...on foot...to the police station to report my bike stolen. The old guy there was really nice about it and even spoke fabulous English. I'm not counting on getting it back, and I told him that I knew that, but I figured it was worth a try cause you never know. Stupid cleptos.

It was going to be the greatest day ever, but alas, it is not. I still won't let this get me down as I'm far too happy to not be working Mondays and to also have two days off in a row which is just an absolute joy in my world right now. So, it will mean at least an hour of walking every day just to check in at my first school. So, it will mean that it will cost me another hundred bucks to buy a new bike. So what, I don't teach Mondays, or even at the Tsudanuma school at all, ever again (sigh of relief). Thank you Jesus.