Friday, September 30, 2005

September 30, 2005

I had a great Kindie class today. It's the first one in a long time where at least one student didn't try to grab or poke my boobs. I felt relaxed, I had 2 observers (potential new students, which means parents in the room, which I hate), one of whom had a complete melt down in class because one of my regular students had inadvertently sat down in the chair that the observer student had thought was "hers". Her mum was there so I just let it pass and focused on the other kids. She got herself into such a tizzy (I get that word from my Granny) that she couldn't calm down and was fully hyperventilating. I thought it rather humourous actually. I'm a bad teacher.

I'm enjoying my walks home. I'm still a little bummed about getting my dearly loved Drlfan, but there has been a bonus. I don't so much like the walk to work as I'm usually anxious to get the work fast. I really like the option of walking home afterward though. I kind of wish there was a way to ride a bike to work and then walk home. I need a teleportation device to that I can send my bike home easily, but then if I had a teleportation device I wouldn't ride my bike to work at all, I would teleport to work and then walk home. It's been a nice time of being able to have an extra half hour where nothing is pressing on my mind and I have time to think about what ever I happen to think of, as opposed to stewing over something or being fixated on my schedule for the day and what I'm going to do with the kiddies for the day. Tonight on the way home, I turned down my street and ahead of me the sky was purple. I looked to the left, it was purple. I couldn't see to the right or behind me due to trees and a big multi-story school. It was really wild. I like the moments in life when Life feels so tangible that you are fully aware of everything around you and aware that you are living a moment that will be a vivid memory when your life circumstances are altered from your present reality. It feels like you could reach out and physically touch Life around you and commune directly with God.