Tuesday, September 13, 2005

September 13, 2005

I hooked up with LeeAnne and Paul today for a good long walk, some God talk, a Ferris wheel ride and some fabulous Indian food. We walked several kms would be my guess. Most of it was along the opening of a sea waterway. It was good to get out and to sweat. I don't mind sweating, once I've resigned myself to it and it's not a constant and daily event.

It was great to be able to talk and get to know each other so quickly. Paul stayed quiet for a lot of the day, mostly I think to give LeeAnne and I time to talk. It's really cool to have that base with them being true believers that right off the bat our friendships can start from a different level than other people. Some of the best stuff that I will take away from today will be to allow God the control of my life, to be free in the realization that He is the One who draws people to Himself, to wait and be patient in His timing, and lastly that He knows what we need and will pray for before we even open our mouths to say the words. Paul talked about Daniels prayer and that after praying and confessing it was then that the angel appeared and said that from the first word God had heard his prayer and already knew what he was going to say. I definitely need to learn to be patient. I want things to happen NOW.