Friday, May 20, 2005

May 20, 2005

I was not having a good day today. What is it about Fridays that are so cursed? Two weeks ago was the "Incident". And then this week both Carrie and I had some awful classes. I had two really bad classes then an horrific trial lesson where the prospective student stopped me half way through and said "I don't know point. Why? Why say this? Is no point. What is this? A test? Explain why I do this." We were just doing really easy fill in the blank exercises. Okay, so switching gears! I guess that we'll do something else. I wanted to just go home. I told Carrie that I had my two of my favourite classes coming up and she said "Well, good luck, because I just had my favourite class and they were horrible." Oh great. So I went to the washroom and prayed "Lord just get me through this day". My next class was these great kids, one of which has awesome English skills (you know, skills). But they have a tendancy to get bored and not say anything. I had a full review lesson planned, but I kind of only did some of it and switched some of it up to not include any traditional teaching stuff. Instead we played three games. It was great. They reviewed stuff. We used giant plastic animals as the board game markers, and most of all, I didn't yell at anyone or want to cry at the end of class. Curse lifted!! Hallelujah. And yeah, my last class was good too.



Oh yeah. And by the way, may I rant about the fact that all the rest of the planet gets to see the new Star Wars but us here in Japan. The release date for Star Wars III in Japan is in like JULY!!!!! July 9th! Who knows why? No one knows. It just is. There are poor little kids in Honduras who would able to scrounge up money to go into the closest village to see the movie. But me, in fast paced, technologically advanced, booming Japan where one can conduct world altering business from a cell phone, has to wait for another 2 whole months before I get to see it on the big screen. The generally accepted rhetoric on why this is??? Because there's a shortage of translators. Psh! That's what I say to that. I mean if Estonia can have a release date of May 20th, why can't Japan at least manage a May 21st date?????



Grrrrrr.