Sunday, May 15, 2005

May 15, 2005

I finally...

Oo, earthquake!

Weee!!!

K, so, as I was saying...I finally went for a run today. The second since I've arrived here. I feel so good after running, but I get so darn bored that I always stop sooner than I should. Today it was a good thing. I almost forgot my futon out on the porch, but thankfully I got bored on my run and came back when I did. It only had a few specks of water on it when I brought it in.

And now it is downpouring with thunder and everything. I'm glad I'm inside. I'm really glad that I can sit in my dry little home and enjoy the storm from in here. What an eventful day already and it's only the afternoon. A run, an earthquake, a storm. It's really all downhill from here.

Speaking of earthquakes, they are something that is very common place here. That link is showing you the quakes that have happened in the last 7 days. What about in the last day, you ask? Heh, heh, heh. Most of the buildings are so shoddy made that they move a lot anyway even if it's just a big truck driving by, so it's hard to tell when it's actually an earthquake or not. There are earthquakes here constantly. And my above reaction of noticing it and then carrying on, is pretty standard. Nobody even talks about them so I often don't know if it has truly been a quake or if it is, as I said, just a truck driving by...or the jackhammer outside my door that starts at 7 o'clock in the blessed morning.

And now the sun is out. This is all within like a span of about 15 minutes. Crazy.