Saturday, May 14, 2005

May 14, 2005

Crazy day today. I actually got all my planning done for all my classes in record time. All six of them. Yes, I have six classes today. And I got a few notes down for next week too. I still haven't gotten into the swing of planning and my weird schedule. Some days, make that most days, I have to be at the school for 10 hours because of the way my schedule falls. I'll start a class at like 12:30 so I'll need to be in an hour before that at like 11 or 11:30, but then I'm not out of the school until 9:30 at night. And it's not like I get a big ol' break in the middle either, it's bits and pieces here and there so that by the end of the day I'm credited with like 5.5 teaching hours, but I've had to be there much longer than that.

After school I met up with some of my adult students at a local place that's owned by another of my student's sons. Does that make sense? It was the three of us for most of the night until Mariko joined us as well. Taeko is the super hero receptionist from yesterday's story. She's one of my students as well. And Masanobu is an Engineering professor at Tokyo University. He's a smarty pants. The other two students from the class couldn't join us. We had great fun. It was cool to sit and talk with them outside of class. We talked about Japan and Canada and Linguistics and travelling and I taught them cool English (like 'your usual watering hole') and they taught me a bit of Japanese. It was good. Daijobu. It is good.