Wednesday, May 18, 2005

May 18, 2005

The little germ factories have been particularly productive lately. It is astonishing what is publicly acceptable to most people here. Most. Some are sensible. But for the sake of my point here we will not pay attention to the sensible for the time being.

I have one little boy in a Jr High class who seems to always be sick. It may be allergies. I don't know. I don't actually particularly care. All I really care about is the excessive production of mucus in the little man. See, for many here it's rude to really blow your nose in public. Given, some people are able to do it quietly and with their head turned, but in my experience, most don't. So instead of just blowing his nose, which would be rude(?), he proceeds to slurp and snort all through class, wiping his nose all over his sleeves and hands. And, well, this little one is very curious and feels like he needs to know everything that is going on, which is an admirable trait in and of itself, but in reality becomes a problem for me when he decides that he needs to know what my notes say. Yes, he then proceeds to put his tainted hands all over my book to see what I'm doing. I hand him a box of Kleenex and he says "No, no, I okay [slurp]" and proceeds to wipe his nose with his sleeve.

What has brought on this rant??

I'm starting to get a cold. It's probably from all the toxins in my body being release by the massage and acupuncture..but I still blame the little germ factories.