Thursday, November 3, 2005

November 3, 2005

I had a great day with today. I met a fellow Christian teacher at the park and we sat in the sun and talked about our lives and our faith and stuff. It was good. Then we went back to her place for melon and vanilla ice cream. We watched some Kirk Franklin Live and talked some more and then we prayed. We were supposed to meet another teacher that we work with at the station but that didn't happen (tonight when I got home I discovered an email from her at 4:15 saying that she wasn't going to come, we were just glad that it meant she wasn't waiting for us somewhere thinking that we'd ditched her). We headed off for Funabashi in search of sushi and we found yet another teacher that we both work with, although not together (I hope that makes sense, it does in my head), hanging around the Tsudanuma JR Station. We invited him along for sushi. It was yummy and we ate a lot. He decided to head home so the two of us went into Tokyo on our own. We unfortunately took a slow train and had the wrong start time for the concert that her husband was playing in, but it meant that we had even more time to talk. It was in this beautiful garden area of the French Institute of Tokyo. It was a beautiful night to be outside and I loved hearing all the different languages around (mostly French, English and Japanese). The little bit of music that we did hear was lots of fun. A positively delightful day of real, face to face, fellowship. It was good. I have the usual remorse of a closed, independent spirited, guarded person that I've shared too much about myself as well as betraying trust put on my by others, but I know that it will be a good thing in the long run. She's a good person. It's funny how I have such a desire to share my heart and yet it still holds such a fear and anxiety over me to be known. It was a good day.