Wednesday, November 16, 2005

November 16, 2005

I'm a planning machine. I have all my Wednesday classes except the two privates planned all the way up to Christmas break or quitting time. Heck yeah. I have one class (private 2 girls who hate the class) that is canceling at the end of this month and another private student that isn't coming for like three weeks. I think that the first week in December I will actually be done work at like 6 o'clock. If that's true, I'm sooo going swimming that night.

I had another delightful morning with Kiyoko and friends. There was another lady, Naoko, there who spoke English very well but she had only learned in Jr High and High School. I was impressed. Then Michiko arrived a bit later. We made pressed flower postcards. Sachiko, I think that's her name, arrived quite late, just in time for eating. We had some lunch, most of which I couldn't eat and although last time I indulged, my skin is in such bad shape right now that I decided to play it safe, eat very little, and take a bunch home with me to give to Matthew. I had some candies that are from Kyoto. The Princess was married yesterday, to a commoner no less, and they had the same candies as the wedding gifts. I also learned about some candy that they eat at Shichi Go San (7-5-3 Festival) that's called Chi tose ame (one thousand candy) which is a Thousand Year Candy that if you eat it you're to live for a thousand years. Unless of course you're an insulin dependent diabetic. Then maybe not so much as a thousand years.

My house is feeling quite cozy now that everything is moved into the one room and I can crowd in all sorts of books and crap and turn on the heat and take off my shirt and it's a happy little Michelle room.