Monday, November 28, 2005

November 28, 2005

I slept in today and checked out just after eleven. My feet hurt so badly. I dropped my bags off at Kyoto station but it took at least a half hour just to find an available locker. It was a busy day. Everyone and their miniature dogs in hand bags were in Kyoto. I ended up being in a really bad mood. I was worried about what I'd be going home to, me feet hurt like none other, there were insane crowds pretty much everywhere I went. The only place where I got some solitude was at the old Emperor's palace grounds where I found a patch of grass to lay on and have a rest and cry. It was really beautiful out, sunny and the trees around the grounds are cool. Lots of pines that remind me of Oregon and some maples that were in full colour.
I walked around the city more. I tried to find Yasuko, her mum and Robbin, so that I could say thank you to her mum and good bye to all of them. It wasn't meant to be. Instead I found a small temple where I sat and took some pictures, and cried. I went for some kaiten sushi for lunch...and then again for dinner. It was good stuff and reasonably prices. It's a good thing that I don't have a place like that near my house (or like the one in Funabashi) cause I'd be there everyday if I could. To kill some time I went back to the Thai massage place at the hotel near the Old Emperor's Palace and got an hour massage. I walked around some more and I ended up sitting in front of the giant Christmas tree in Kyoto station after dark.
I found Chaffee and then I also saw Christophe from the hostel so we all sat and chilled out watching the crazy people get their pictures taken with the singing Christmas tree. I went to the hotel where the bus was leaving from and found a mall thing inside so I went for some Mister Donut and bought some earrings to go with my new hat. Then off on the bus and home to Ueno, Tokyo.