Monday, October 17, 2005

October 17, 2005

I have had a good day so far, especially considering that I didn't really sleep much last night. My kitchen table just isn't long enough, otherwise I could be quite happy up there permanently. I had a fun lesson with Nomura-san. I have finally mastered the difference between NA adjectives and I adjectives. Kono cado wa kirei desu. Kore wa kireina cado desu. This card is cute. This is a cute card. Note the different forms of 'this' and the existence of Na after the adjective when it is a part of the NP (cute card). It's not all adjectives, it's just a small class, Na-adjectives, that have the Na after it when it's the compliment to a NP. We laughed a lot as I kept getting things confused. I think I was very disruptive to the rest of the classes. Then I went shopping at Uni-Qlo and spent more money than I was going to, but I don't care cause I need a wardrobe overhaul. My clothes are driving me INSANE. I'm far too vain to wear the same things day in and day out. Then I rode my bike on a different route home from Takanekido. I finally found the sports complex. It's closed on Mondays. Bah!! Then I went grocery shopping and bought a huge thing of veggies and eggs for just under 2000 yen. If I had bought the same amount at the Top Valu it would have been about twice the price. Then I decided to stop in at the kimono shop just close to my place to see what I could find on sale. I think I've found some gifts that I will have to go back and get. I did manage to pick up some little goodies for some ladies back home, like Granny and mum. They've got some really beautiful things in there that I might go buy for myself as well. They've got these fabulous bags made from old yukata and kimono fabrics. Quite lovely. I still want to go in to a market with Taeko to buy an old yukata for the fabric. I may have to do that before November so that I can send stuff home with Robbin. I got home and found presents from Mum & Dad and Marc & Amanda's wedding invite in the poste. I got online and talked with Mum while on MSN with Marcus. It was a good time. I feel happy. I feel like I could use three more days like this to feel ready to go back to work. Now I need to go chop some veggies so that they're all prepped for the week, otherwise I'll never use them up this week. I hate chopping vegetables. What a difference cooler weather makes to me. Today it feels like a usual day back home in October or November. Cool, drizzly, gray. Quite nice. Makes me feel human.