Sunday, October 16, 2005

October 16, 2005

Day off today. I didn't leave my flat. I didn't get dressed. I didn't brush my teeth. I barely ate (just left over rice and veggies from last night). It was just fine. I watched a couple movies. I was relatively content, content enough considering my usual state of discontentedness. I was watching the Italian Job. Then I saw something move. Stupid roaches. Aren't they all supposed to be dead by this time of year. I've had the odd person tell me that they like, go into hibernation or something over the winter. Whatever it is, they aren't supposed to be around. It's not like it's summer. So I put my bed away, I can't clean anything else as I've already cleaned my whole place. I bet it's my stupid downstairs neighbour who is home right now. He's totally gross. I don't know what he has against indoor toiletry but he seems to enjoy peeing right from inside his house . He just opens up his back door and pisses in the garden, standing in his tatami room, right out the sliding glass door. Gross. I was mentioning him to Brooklyn tonight and I've come up with a new name for him. From hence forth he shall be known, like a superhero, or maybe a foil character to...wakata, that's it, he's the foil character to Our Conqueror (superhero echo effects on the voice followed by supremely triumphant superhero music), he shall be known as "Downstairs Pee-er Boy" da da da da, standing gallantly with his hands on his hips, wide strong stance, chin up, freely peeing. No wonder we have roaches. Normal people don't usually have roaches. But then, I don't think they have pee in their gardens. Very few of my students get roaches in their house. Izumi (Takuya's sister) said she has never had a roach in her house. Since arriving, I have had 4. One was the big ass one that first time in my main room. Then a smaller one in my bathroom. Then a really small one in my main room. And now again tonight, a pretty big one again in my main room. It's not like there's anything in here to attract them. It's just my comp on a small, low table in the middle of the room. That's it. No chairs. No pillows. No anything. I called a friend to see if I could crash with him tonight. I really don't want to sleep on the floor. He hasn't been answering his phone over the past 2 days. Ass. I guess I will have to sleep on my kitchen table again tonight.