Monday, October 10, 2005

October 10, 2005

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

I had a nice weekend. I spent most of Sunday, yesterday, at Chris and Yasuko's. We went over some wedding stuff for Toshi and me as MC's. I'm still a little unclear of exactly what I should be saying. It'll be fine. Then we kicked around the apartment for a while. We headed out to Shibuya for some dinner and hit the Canadian Bar there, The Maple Leaf. I had Thanksgiving Dinner seeing that it was Sunday night on Thanksgiving weekend. My family was also having dinner on Sunday night back home so it felt right. The turkey was a little dry and the gravy a little weak, but it was dang good and one of the best meals I've had in a really long time. I don't think it was even the quality, but the familiarity of tastes that was so good. We also had some poutine and beer. It wouldn't be a Canadian celebration without it, non?

It was nice to be away from my home and neighbourhood for a night. It felt like a mini vaca. It was really nice.