Friday, February 24, 2006

February 24, 2006

I feel like since my Saturday classes last week, my favourite classes have been especially sweet this week. My kindies today were just a whole lot of fun. My little girls are fun and sweet and they love having class with me. We had a great time. I will be sad to see them go. Or rather for me to go.

My crazy week finally feels like it's coming to an end. I'm worried that next week, the beginning will be easy because I did extra stuff this week, but now I'm at the end of the ahead work so that next week I'll be stuck. We'll see. I am feeling like I'm at a point now where I have a bunch of this down and the system of things. A friend was kind enough to look over my CPR's. It was nice to have a second opinion on stuff and have him erase things for me.

I watched Walk the Line, the story about Johnny Cash. It's essentially him falling in love with June and going insane. But then we he really hits bottom and she can't leave him alone it's like things made sense. He needed her to rescue him from the insanity that he had been plunged into because of his obsession with her. We make obsessions for ourselves and then need that object of our obsession to free us, release us, save us from the obsession. It was interesting to see the ideas of the article from yesterday present themselves so perfectly in his story. I would have liked to see more of the story of his music. As is, the movie is just another love story, although it's not a usual one. But I guess that it reflects what his life was. We see J.R. Cash as the person of Johnny who was on stage, who had stories in his music. But his life might not have revolved around his music in his own head. What we see our lives as being about can be totally different from what the world around us sees as our life. What does your life consist of in your brain? What do the people around you believe that your life consists of? They're probably two very different things. That's the discrepancy between what I believe a story about Johnny Cash should be about, and what he wrote about in his own story.