Thursday, January 5, 2006

January 5, 2006

I had to get my sorry butt out of bed before noon today. Going back to work is gonna SUUUUUCCK. I was at least happy for the reason to get out of bed. Yoko and I met (although I ended up being 10 minutes, which equals about a half hour late Canadian time, unless your Mrs B, then it's like an hour and a half late) at Shanti for a wonderful Indian Curry lunch. We ate good food and talked and laughed. Then we walked around for quite some time. Back to my place for tea. We talked about the history behind Christmas and what the point of Easter is. I enjoyed sharing with her some of the things that I believe and I was interested to hear what she believes. I will miss her when I'm gone.

After grabbing a quick bite and looking everywhere for my Round 1 card, which may have been shipped back to Canada with the Brackens, I headed off on another adventure with Drlfan. This time it was in the dark. Oooooo, spooky. (4 year old Reiko likes to say that) About a week ago I figured out how to ride to the station two stops away. You would think that it would be easier to find the stop between those two. But it isn't. For one, there's a University Campus between my house and the station. Second, the station's underground. So I got on the net and found a map of the area and of the campus and I figured out the way to go through the campus to get to the station. All was going well, until I came out on the other side of the campus right next to the station and I had to pass through a small gate next to security. It was fine leaving the campus, but how on earth was I to get back in on my way home. I'll figure that out later. So I did it. I found a way to make it to the other station that, without the security problem would actually be closer to my house than the usual Kita-Narashino station.

I made it to Murakami in record time and found that I had a half hour to kill. So I went to the mall across the street (I hate malls, I especially hate Japanese malls) because there was nothing better to do. I only shopped at Uni-Qlo cause it's the only store that has sizes that I sometimes fit. I have to get women's XL and at that they're not baggy at all. I found a sweater and a shirt for 2050 yen (that's like 20 bucks) together. And then I found a friend who used to work with us teachers at the school! It was good to see her as I haven't seen her in soooo long. She was our life line when she worked with us. She came along with me to see the rest of the gang and had a beer, but then had to go because she's a Tokyo working girl now and has a long commute everyday. We met up with a bunch of teachers and headed upstairs for some magical bowling memories. It was a good time. It always is. The new guy even got a strike on the blacklight bowling so it meant that we got to have our picture taken with him in the bowling pin suit. There wasn't too many of us and who was there was really cool. It was chill and a good time.


I got off at Funabashi-Nichidaimae and hoped for the best. I wasn't too hard due to my previous Adventure with Mall Finding. I ended up near, and then subsequently on, a construction path that I had taken on my way home. Easy peasy. It's still way easier to go through the campus, as opposed to down a big hill then having to truck back up a big hill, but I'll take what I can get.

All day I have been fighting off a rising panicky feeling. I don't want to think about tomorrow until it actually comes upon me and I walk up the stairs of the Kita school. I'm not the only one to feel this way either.