Saturday, January 14, 2006

January 14, 2006

I feel horrible. I found some DayQuill in my apartment that made me very happy and possibly saved my life today. Last night at like 6 pm, a bunch of faxes came flying in to Kita about 15 minutes apart that were Trial Lessons and MakeUp privates, all for me, for today. It effectively brought me 30 minutes short of DOUBLE my teaching time today. It was all booked by Megumi. Megumi is my new nemesis. I don't know who I am more displeased with, Megumi or DPB (that's Downstairs Pee Boy, for anyone who has forgotten who my official, certified nemesis is). My kids were cute today and I'm really going to miss those two classes. I've spent a whole year with them. They even look different than they did when I started with them. I'm torn about going home. I mean I want to go, but I'm starting to look around here more everyday at things that I'm not going to see again. I like my flat here. I like my neighbourhood. I'm going to miss being in Japan and the opportunity that I have to be somewhere exciting. There's no way I could have lived differently and survived this year, barring keeping my heart under heavily guarded lock and key, but I know that there are going to be things that I regret when I leave. I'm going to miss having a pay cheque that enables me to live a very comfortable life. It's going to be hard to go home. And yet, SO EASY!