Wednesday, January 4, 2006

January 4, 2006

I really haven't moved for this whole week. I've slept, I've read, I've watched inordinate amounts of tv. Tonight for dinner I reheated some rice, put it in a bowl with some chopped lettuce and some mayo and stirred it all up. It was quite fabulous. It's my new Dinner of Champions. Or rather, my new Dinner of People Who Are Too Indifferent And Lazy To Go Grocery Shopping For Just Over 2 Weeks. That's long name. I don't think that would ever fit on a menu.

I did actually leave my house today. I had somthing I had to go do and I went by some friends' place to drop off a hat that I made. They're both really, really sick. Just yesterday she started to feel better. She'd had a fever of over 39. That's dangerous stuff. I felt like I was going to a Plague house, like there should be a big black mark over their door as a warning to all who would come near. Contagion, stay away. Then I came back home and watched some more West Wing (my new addiction, next to mayo and MTV's Daria on streaming) and I finally got to see Transporter 2. Highly entertaining. Most of it I had no problem suspending my disbelief, but the thing with the plane, I had issues with. So what if he can spin his car off a ramp and knock off an exploding device from the bottom of his car by hitting a crane hook and then landing perfectly. It's an action flick. It's not rocket science. So what if the plot rather mirrored that of MI2 only instead of the pretty lady being infected with a virus it was a pretty lady's kid first, then the pretty lady. That's fine. I can suspend all of that. But when they shoot the pilot and the plane starts doing all these acrobatics, and straight up in the air to stall out and then plummet down and then spin around, all while the two guys inside are duking it out and neither one of them is being rendered unconscious (even though both were able to render everyone else in the movie unconscious, I guess it only goes one way), it was just a bit much. But highly entertaining. It would have been even better if my video had been able to keep in sync with the audio. It's always fun to hear an explosion and then to watch it in freeze frame like 6 seconds later.

I was hoping that with the silence here and the lack of activities that I would start having these wonderful epiphanies and spiritual or life truths that I could digest and write about. I've found that the less I do, the less I want to do. I hit boredom in and around the 1st or 2nd. But then if you just stick with it you'll come out the other side completely content with not moving and not doing a thing. I had to really resign myself to it and be committed to the lack of anything, but now I've reached the point where I'm enjoying having the opportunity to sit and stare at a wall for a few hours. Which, by the way, I did yesterday for just under 2 hours. It was a good time. Then, I stopped, snuggled down in my bed even further than I already was, and fell asleep for about an hour at like 7 at night. I don't know if I could actually do this forever, but it would be a fun experiment to see if I could and still enjoy it. I liked going out for a walk the other night, in my pj bottoms, in search of the mikan popsicles that I so love (blue wrapper, never did find them, found other ones, but no the blue wrapper ones with whole chunks of mikan in them), and then I got back and was even happier to be home. That was two nights ago, I think. They're all starting to blur into each other. Ah, glorious blur.