Monday, July 11, 2005

July 11, 2005

I get three days off in a row next week. I don't have any classes on next Monday. Hallelujah. I've settled into my usual schedule and it's sucking my will to live. I just don't like working the whole year through. And it's not like I'm lazy. I pulled down 5 months of 12 to 18 hour days for 4 years. But then I took time off. I wonder why I'm against consistency. I don't like each day being the same. It's nice that each day of the week is different from the rest, but now I'm familiar enough with my schedule that I see the redundancy of the weeks to each other. It feels like a heck of a lot longer, but I've only been here like 3 and a half months. Not even 4 yet. It feels like it should be 5 months gone already. Hopefully September will come quickly.

I have been subjected to a new kind of musak. I was on hold (long story, people are stupid all over the planet) on the phone and I vaguely recognized the tune. This is the key with muzak, it takes you a second to realize what it is you're listening to. I couldn't figure out what it was that I recognized. "Oh my goodness, that's ABBA". The difference this time is that it sounded like it was being played on one of those old music boxes. Odd. Very odd.