Thursday, August 4, 2005

August 4, 2005

Taeko had a BBQ at her house tonight. She invited me and one other teacher (I call her "The Other One", Taeko calls her "#1", whereas I'm "#2"). There was two other receptionists from the school as well. We had a fabulous time. We all ate waaaay too much; too much meat, too many vegetables, too much sashimi salad. She has a big flat sort of Hibachi looking thing that we filled with strips of beef and pork and eggplant and mushrooms and beans and peppers. So good. We then moved inside for desert of peaches and blackberries that have been soaking in really strong Sake for about a year. It was fabulous. We laughed a whole lot. We told stories and discussed all the Japanese language things that the Other One gets wrong on a daily basis. She is always saying things wrong and they of course end up being something that is completely inappropriate. Hey, at least she tries to use the language. I don't like getting it wrong, so I don't say anything, but I think I understand more of what is being said than she does. A good time all around.