Sunday, August 14, 2005

August 14, 2005

WARNING!!!---I use what would be deemed by many as foul language in this segment as there is no other word in the English language that truly exemplifies the full significance of the ideas being expressed. Sorry if I offend you---WARNING!!!!

This is mostly for my mother's sake, and Terri. Really, I tried to find a better word, but the only thing close...nonsense...is incredibly lacking.

After spending the last three days holed up in my little apartment watching documentaries on American and World Politics I have come around a full circle of emotions. I have felt rage and injustice and desire to change the world and a need to run to the mountains and hide and I have come to the conclusion that people need to pay more attention to how they live. I don't know how to change the world. I know that we need to stop trying to control everything and everyone, but in that thought, "Everyone must not control other people", saying it is exactly playing into the same control factor. I hear people rant about wanting to topple corporate greed and government's self-serving lies in their quest for greater power at the expense of the people they declare to serve and in their rant of wanting freedom for all people I hear "Let's bring our lives back into our own hands" which, still at the base of such argument, is still a control of people to live in the way those people then deem proper. It is all self-contradictory. Don't live the way the government wants you to, they're selfish. Don't live the way corporations want you to, they're greedy. Don't live the way the reigning religious movement of the day wants you to, they're misguided and full of shit. Live the way WE want you to, in freedom and harmony, in the way WE say, because we know best. We're always right. Do as I say, stop trying to control everything.

At the point in the circle where I have come, I now feel peace. Peace in knowing that everyone is full of shit, just the same as the next guy, me included. I feel that the greatest wisdom of all the world (and note, I say 'wisdom' not 'salvation') is found in,

Meaningless, meaningless, everything is meaningless.

And she breathes a sigh of relief...